Electric vehicle (EV) chargers (EVC) are creating a new market and opportunity for sites to engage employees, provide community benefits, and attract new customers. Yet, with dozens of providers, business models, financing, services, and equipment manufacturers to choose from, knowing how to properly compare apples to apples can be overwhelming. What model and solution works for you?
A few things to consider:
- What features and services are best for your site?
- How will upcoming mandates for EV infrastructure dictate future design decisions?
- Who do you want controlling the end user prices?
- What revenue model makes the most sense for your chargers?
- Who will own and monetize the LCFS/carbon credits generated by your chargers?
- Are you accounting for all software, maintenance, and revenue sharing fees?
Ecom-Energy has helped procure hundreds of EV chargers for its customers through competitive RFPs. We develop and manage an RFP for EV charging equipment and maintenance that is designed with the customer’s unique use case in mind.
We objectively evaluate project costs, financing/revenue models, warranties and maintenance, software features, mobile app functionality, reporting capabilities, verify references, and more. Decision makers are left with an accurate, apples-to-apples analysis to select the right solution. Additionally, we monitor utilization, revenue, credits, and expenses once installed to ensure the best ongoing financials for the customer.
Ecom-Energy’s EV charger services include:
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Charger Utilization & Revenue Forecasting
- Turnkey LCFS/Carbon Credit Reporting & Monetization
- Load Management
- Rebates & Incentives
- Ongoing Reporting & Intelligence
Case Study: San Diego EV Charger Network
Through a competitive RFP process, Ecom-Energy helped a large San Diego healthcare leader replace 44 existing chargers and add 320 new chargers across nine locations. Set in phases, the EV network is tailored to maximize employee benefit with low charging costs and increase utilization for LCFS/carbon credit revenue.
Our expert staff includes Certified Business Energy Professionals (BEP™) and Certified Measurement & Verification Professionals (CMVP™) as certified by the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE).